8 Essential Oils to Inspire Creativity
Whether you’ve got a big project due at work, a painting waiting to be realized, a song to write, even a redecorating project - you might feel behind schedule if your creative juices aren’t flowing! Sometimes procrastination and laziness are the result of a lack of inspiration and creativity. It’s hard to stay motivated when you are feeling uninspired.
When times are tough, and ideas seem bleak, refresh by placing a few drops of these essential oils into your diffuser. Essential oils open your mind and stimulate the creativity hiding in all of us. Here are 8 essential oils known to inspire creativity.
1. Cedarwood: Cedarwood is very high in sesquiterpenes. Sesquiterpenes can be used as calming agents because the molecules can stimulate the limbic system in the brain which controls emotions, memory, and stimulation. Its woodsy aroma brings feelings of strength and focus. The scent of Cedarwood is also very grounding and centering. It is used traditionally in yoga and meditation to alleviate negativity that burdens the spirit.
2. Jasmine: Jasmine is exhilarating to the mind and emotions, unlocking past blocks and releasing frigidity and hopelessness. It also eases nervous exhaustion and listlessness. Energizing, inspiring, elevating, and euphoric, Jasmine is elevating to the mind and body. Historically, Jasmine was revered for its enchanting aroma that inspires endless fascination. Its alluring fragrance is soothing to the senses and self-confidence. This essential oil is an excellent choice when focusing on a long term project.
3. Melissa: Melissa brings out gentleness which can calm and balance emotional nerves. It helps lift emotional blocks supporting a positive outlook on life. It is also said to guide a person through spiritual awakening. Like other citrus oils, its citrus-like aroma is energizing to the mind. but it's especially uplifting to the soul, said to support a person in remembering who they are which can help us through difficult times.
4. Hyssop: Hyssop supports a healthy balance to emotions and stimulates creativity. It has been known to deepen and lengthen times of concentration. During periods of life when you feel like you've become stuck in a rut, the spiritual aspect of Hyssop helps us set our minds to move forward in strength and stability. Seek inspiration and wisdom while deeply breathing this ancient oil and expect clarity to enter your thoughts.
5. Myrrh: Myrrh is referenced throughout the Bible and was part of the Holy anointing formula given to Moses. It is the oil highest in sesquiterpenes, a class of compounds that stimulate the brain. According to legends, it possesses the frequency of wealth and prosperity. In addition to the physical support Myrrh offers the body, there are also the emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects of this oil. It's said to impact our sense of maternal connection and healthy attachment, especially relating to trust, abandonment, and a general feeling of uneasiness.
6. Neroli: Neroli was thought to be used by ancient Egyptians for supporting the mind, body, and spirit. It is supportive to the emotions, promoting peace, confidence, and awareness. It brings thoughts into focus and promotes feelings of joy and happiness. The settling effect of Neroli is enhanced when combined with citrus oils, to uplift and inspire, while dousing feelings of fear. The intoxicating scent of Neroli is believed to be a mood lifter and to have the ability to bring strength to a grieving heart. Neroli can support feelings of calm and well-being while promoting a healthy sleep routine. It can be used in a bath or diluted in a carrier oil to anoint a loved one.
7. Bergamot: Bergamot is simultaneously uplifting and calming, with a unique ability to support confidence and equilibrium. It is a helpful addition to any sleep routine and has been said to filter negative thoughts. Bergamot is believed in many cultures to attract money and success. Bergamot Vitality has a tangy flavor that awakens tastebuds adding a creative twist to baked goods and tea.
8. Rose: Rose creates a sense of awakening, harmony, and well-being. Its sweet fragrance elevates the mind. Rose is said to possess magnetic energy that attracts love and brings joy to the heart. Roses have a connection to purity, being laid before the bride's feet as she walks down the aisle toward her beloved. They are the universal symbol of love, being offered in bouquets by the hundreds to lovers worldwide. It's no wonder the flower's oil has such supportive qualities for the human heart!
For more information about ordering these or any other Young Living products please contact me.